Country

Country
This road leads to home...

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Garden Critters

The summer is slowly coming to an end (hooray!). The excessive heat has taken its toll my daughter's/our garden, despite watering every day.  The weeds are knee-high and we have decided to let it go, especially since we are both fearful of stepping on a snake!   I recently went out to cut the last of the okra, which I absolutely LOVE!!   Most any Southerner would agree, it is one of our favorite veggies! 

Okra starts out as a pretty flower.


After the flowers fall off, you have pretty little buds!

Then they grow to this size and are ready to harvest.     


After bending down to move the basket along, I stood up and came face-to-face with this!  And I do mean it was literally right in my face!  Eeewww!



What kind of creepy, crawly critters are they?  They seriously made my skin crawl.... Those orange critters especially gave me the heebie-jeebies.


So, I grabbed my basket and called it a day!


Happy Tuesday!

xoxo,
SouthernSass

5 comments:

  1. That's a pretty healthy crop! I am not an okra fan at all, but I can so relate to how your garden fares. I don't have a backyard. I have a weed forest! And the grasshoppers, not anywhere near as photogenic as your bright little devils, have done such a number on everything but the peppers, I don't know that we'll get a harvest at all. Fingers still crossed...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I would have freaked out! I wonder what kind of bugs they are, so creapy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I knew what they were - but they are creepy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I have no idea what those bugs are but the bugs and threat of snakes would keep me out of the garden. Lovely shots though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Lisa!

    @Snowcatcher - sorry about your garden!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and visit. Your comments are always greatly appreciated!!